THE WUNDERKAMMER is the unique improv comedy show format created by Do Not Adjust Your Stage, with regular shows at The Natural History Museum and The Vaults in London.
DNAYS take their inspiration for improvised scenes from the talks by leading experts, academics, curators and all-round huge brains on their passions to create totally improvised comedy scenes, stories and characters.
Previous speakers have included:
- Professor Sir Ian Wilmut - father of cloning
- Colin Sell - Musician, BBC Radio 4's I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
- Dr Gianluca Memoli - bubble scientist from the National Physical Laboratory
- Darren Solomon - US TV commercial music composer
- Alice Strang - Senior Curator, Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
- Dr Angus Bancroft - illicit markets
- Kaisa Kokko - Finnish education expert
- Brody Leven - professional adventure skier
- Andrew Hunter Murray - BBC QI elf, No Such Thing As A Fish podcast
- Joseph Morpurgo - Comedian and actor
- Dr Kate Wiles - Medieval English expert
- Dr Marek Tamm - Professor of Cultural History at Tallinn University
- Lorraine Cornish - Head of Conservation at the Natural History Museum
- Jordan J Lloyd - historical photograph restorer
In 2015, the Wunderkammer hit the improv mecca of the US, including satellite link up with the legendary iO Chicago. The show also made its New York debut at Union Hall, Brooklyn and featured at the COP21 Climate Conference in Paris.
The Wunderkammer is a wonderful journey of discovery, intrigue and knowledge. Part Ted-style talks, part improvised comedy show. Every show is unique - come and see what’s inside DNAYS' cabinet of curiosities!
★★★★★ "Unmissable...Impressive, spontaneous, creative and hilarious. Fearless comedy to great effect" (Everything Theatre)
★★★★ "Impressive" (Three Weeks)
★★★★ "Breakneck speed, slick...a thinking person's improv night" (Remote Goat)
"A quirky and unique experience" (A Younger Theatre)
“DNAYS took the museum by storm with an intelligent, witty and hilarious set” Harriet Richardson, People’s History Museum
Recommended as a Top Thing To Do in London by the Londonist and This Week London
Recommended by To Do List, Twenty Something London and London Calling
Commissioned as part of Fun Palaces Weekend at Oxford House in Oct 2014
Consecutive sell-out shows since July 2014 at The Nursery Theatre and Natural History Museum
Upcoming show dates